Deadline for New Submissions: Tuesday, February 28, 2023 at 11:59 PM PT
ASCRS and the Ophthalmic Photographers’ Society (OPS) co-sponsor a call for photo submissions of high-quality ophthalmic images demonstrating superior imaging techniques to be selected for the OPS exhibit at the ASCRS Annual Meeting. OPS represents members who perform imaging of all structures of the eye using highly specialized equipment in order to increase the level of patient care and help to advance the science and practice of ophthalmology. The photo selection process is judged by ophthalmologists and OPS member photographers. Acceptance of a photograph(s) for the exhibit is highly selective. You do not have to be an OPS member or need to register for the annual meeting to submit photo entries. Meeting registration is required if you are planning on attending the ASCRS Annual Meeting.
OPS Submission(s) requires a 2-step process for 2023. The first step is filling out the entry form online with your intent to submit a photo(s). You must complete a Financial Interest disclosure. The second step will be uploading your digital photo(s) using a link that will be sent to you via email. Separate instructions for uploading your photo(s) will be sent with the link.
Preparation and Submission is now completely digital.
- Submissions are open from August 12, 2022 to February 28, 2023.
- Use the from on this site to submit a photograph entry. It is important to use a valid e-mail as all correspondence regarding the entry will be sent to this e-mail address. Please read the instructions carefully before submitting. All information must be complete or the submission will not be considered for judging.
- Clinical Setting Photography
- Corneal Endothelial Photography
- Cross Categories *
- External Photography
- Fluorescein Angiography
- Fundus Autofluorescence
- Fundus Photography, High Magnification, 20°
- Fundus Photography, Normal, 30°– 40°
- Fundus Photography, Wide Angle, 45°-60°
- Gonio Photography
- Gross Specimen Photography
- ICG Angiogram
- Instrumentation Photography
- Monochromatic Photography
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography
- Photo/Electron Micrography
- Slitlamp Photography
- Special Effects Photography
- Surgical Photography
- The Eye as Art
- Ultra-Widefield Imaging>60° (all modalities)
- Complete the Faculty CME review and Financial Disclosure
Photographers will need to complete the CME Review and Financial Disclosure to finalize their submission.
A panel of judges will review entries. The judges will be composed of ASCRS ophthalmologists and OPS member photographers. Judges may not submit entries. The judges reserve the right to reassign images to different categories.
Number of Entries
Individuals can submit up to 3 entries per category (Cross Category being an exception – see below). For Imagers with access or skill in image software editing: a single entry can consist of more than 1 digital image incorporated in the submission file. Photoshop work of several images is acceptable, certainly like in categories such as Cross Categories. (e.g., 4 photographs from the same angiogram, progression studies). Extra images will be arbitrarily eliminated. For submissions to Cross Categories, separate files of the entity are accepted.
Winners will be displayed in the OPS exhibit at the ASCRS Annual Meeting. First, second, third, and honorable mention photographs will be selected. Additionally, an overall Best in Show winner will be selected.
Photographs that have not been displayed in previous OPS exhibits are eligible for entry.